Saturday, May 26, 2012

FILIPPO BERIO® OLIVE OIL REVIEW



I am always on the lookout for healthier foods to complement my healthy lifestyle so trying out Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil was a no-brainer.  I have never tried this oil, or extra virgin olive oil, for that matter so this was a new thing for me.

The very first thing that occurred to me, is that I can use this oil to deep fry some pastry puffs that I have been craving.  So, in addition to healthy benefits of this oil, I got some delicious deep fry puffs!  I know that these pastry puffs are not exactly healthy but I was due for an indulgence and make it a little healthier was a great motivation.  Here is how they turned out:


I always worry about oil tasting or smelling weird when I fry it but this oil both smelled and tasted delicious and appetizing!  I have tried this oil in my favorite salads and I am pleased to say that the salads taste great.  This oil has a serving size of 1 tablespoon and each serving contains 120 calories and 14g of fat 2g of saturated fat and 0g of trans fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment